- R.E. Kim and L.J. Kotzé. 2021. Planetary Boundaries at the Intersection of Earth System Law, Science and Governance: A State-of-the-Art Review. Review of European, Comparative and International Environmental Law, 30: 3-15.
- R.E. Kim and J.-F. Morin. 2021. Massive Institutional Structures in Global Governance. Global Environmental Politics, 21 (3).
- F. Biermann and R.E. Kim (Eds). 2020. Architectures of Earth System Governance: Institutional Complexity and Structural Transformation. Cambridge University Press.
- R.E. Kim. 2020. Is Global Governance Fragmented, Polycentric, or Complex? The State of the Art of the Network Approach. International Studies Review, 22 (4): 903-931.
- R.B. Mitchell, L. Andonova, M. Axelrod, J. Balsiger, T. Bernauer, J.F. Green, J. Hollway, R.E. Kim, and J.-F. Morin. 2020. What We Know (and Could Know) about International Environmental Agreements. Global Environmental Politics, 20 (1): 103-121.
- L.J. Kotzé and R.E. Kim. 2019. Earth System Law: The Juridical Dimensions of Earth System Governance. Earth System Governance, 1.
- V. Galaz, J. Tallberg, A. Boin, C.I. Lima, E. Hey, P. Olsson, and F. Westley. 2017. Global Governance Dimensions of Globally Networked Risks: The State of the Art in Social Science Research. Risk, Hazards & Crisis in Public Policy 8: 4–27.
- R.E. Kim and H. van Asselt. 2016. Global Governance: Problem Shifting in the Anthropocene and the Limits of International Law, in E. Morgera and K. Kulovesi (Eds): Research Handbook on International Law and Natural Resources. Edward Elgar.
- R.E. Kim and K. Bosselmann. 2015. Operationalizing Sustainable Development: Ecological Integrity as a Grundnorm of International Law. Review of European, Comparative and International Environmental Law, 24 (2): 194-208.
- R.E. Kim and B. Mackey. 2014. International Environmental Law as a Complex Adaptive System. International Environmental Agreements: Politics, Law and Economics, 14 (1): 5-24.
- R.E. Kim. 2013. The Emergent Network Structure of the Multilateral Environmental Agreement System. Global Environmental Change: Human and Policy Dimensions, 23 (5): 980-991.
- R.E. Kim and K. Bosselmann. 2013. International Environmental Law in the Anthropocene: Towards a Purposive System of Multilateral Environmental Agreements. Transnational Environmental Law, 2 (2): 285-309.